Governor Thomas Johnson High School Band
Frederick, Maryland
Meeting Minutes

February 12, 2018

Present:  Barbara Kemp, Teresa Vaughn, Joe Humbertson, Dan Failacci, Traci Poppert, Dana Cummingham, Kathy Higinbotham, Kim Stevens, Alice Zalatoris, Theresa and Gregory Anderson, Scott Lewis, Sarah Vaughn, Beth White, Kate Dudash, Jamie Hendi, Chris Voell, Gretchen Lord, Mike Hillman, Kim Hirschmann

Call to Order
It began at 7:35 and was presided over by Joe Humberton, with Dan Failacci as secretary.

Approval of Previous Minutes:
December Booster Meeting minutes approved (There was no January booster meeting).  

President’s Report:  Executive Board met for Jan/Feb.  
  • Upcoming events were reviewed
  • Please consider running for an upcoming position available in May: 
    • Board:  President, VP, Student Accounts
    • Committee:  Fundraising, Pit Crew
Vice President’s Report:  
  • Made some money at the concert ($214).  Feeder concert made $185
Secretary:  Keep track of those volunteer hours.

Treasurer:     
  • For Jan:  ~$4.8k incoming, ~$13.2k outgoing (last Disney expenses and Insurance).  
  • Indoor on track per budget
  • See Dana for specific details.
Directors Report :
  • Academic Planning Night – Tuesday 2/13.  Drum line performing, color guard will be on stage.  There will be a table in the cafeteria for the band.  Please help out if you can.
  • WGI show – times emailed out.  Plan is to leave 9:15am.  They should know around 3:30 if the group gets into finals (6 groups go to finals).  Kim/Bryan/All staff going.  Pricing in email.
  • Indoor going well.  Thanks to the guard parents who have stepped up to help out.
  • Concert band adjudication – 3/12.  Will need chaperones (68 students).  Performance will be at Linganore High school in the middle of the day.  There will be a guest clinician at rehearsal.
  • Due to number of students coming in, Kim may be doing a level 1 band class.  
  • Pit for Musical – reminder flier went out.
  • April is new member meeting for marching band.  Band camp dates are out and Nov 10 is Nationals
  • Executive board discussed the recent Disney trip.  Kim is going to send out a survey to see interest in Disney again as well as potential other trips. She is open to ideas.
Student Accounts:
  • Last payment for indoor due next week
  • Dr Kurtz taking over orchestra payments
Committee Reports

Fundraising:
Need someone to take over fundraising for next year.  If interested, see Traci Poppert
  • Yard sale 4/28.  Will be at Linda Runner’s house (off Rosemont).  Start setting aside goods to donate to the yard sale.  Email reminders will be coming out
  • Hershey Park – Going to try to sell discounted Hershey park tickets.  If we can order more than 20 before March 20 we can get them for $29.95/ticket – selling them to the public for $37 each.  Peak season prices are $67.80.  Available dates for ticket usage is 4/27-9/30.  Jamie Hendi will be sending out more info.
  • Gretchen working on more restaurant nights
  • Jazz night – 5/19.  Chris Voell and Mike Hillman volunteered to help out.
  • Christmas Tree pickup netted $746
Uniform Report:
Trish Abell will be taking over next year

Pit Crew report:
In need of a new Pit Crew Boss for next year.  

Chaperones:  
Fully staffed for percussion.  Still in need of chaperones for color guard.

KIDA:
  • Show is March 10, starts at 2pm.  This is an all hands event and we need your help.
  • Bob Fowle runs the kitchen and does it for free.  Please consider helping him back at the Leprechaun Luau on March 3 at FCC by plating food for the event (He donates $50 to the general fund and $450 gets split amongst the students (or students of the parents) who help.  We also need volunteers to man the kitchen on show day.  
  • Sign up Genus is out for KIDA and the Leprechaun Luau
  • All captains know their responsibilities.
  • We are still in need of a Frederick Police office to be at the show (per KIDA rules)
  • There are 33 groups coming.  Rose Hill will be used for overflow parking.
  • Setup is Friday night 3/9 and kids can help out.  
  • Ben Dingler working signage – contact Ben if you can help
  • Again, please consider helping out if you can.  We will be using the entire school and need help both outside and inside.
Old Business:
None

New Business:
Indoor show shirts are in - look for a distribution email from Jamie Hendi.  
Chris Voell to work with Traci on corporate fundraising.  Any corporate connections would be greatly appreciated.

NEXT BOOSTER MEETING:        MAR 12, 2017, 7:30 PM
MEETING ADJOURNED 8:45 PM